How to email chat history in Whatsapp

How to email chat history in Whatsapp: Yes you heard me right, how to email Whatsapp chat history and maybe print it out or do anything else you may want with it. Hope you read my blog post on “What is message forward in Whatsapp”? Today I am going to explain how you can email the chat history of friends in your contact list.

How to Email Whatsapp Chat History: Let’s say for any reason you want to send a chat history between you and any of your friends to anyone via email, you will have to follow the steps below carefully to do such.

1. Open your Whatsapp application
  2. Pick Chats to open your chat list
  3. Choose options
  4. Choose about
  5. You will have a screen with Help/FAQ, System Status, Network Usage, Account info, Email chat history, contact support etc
  6. Choose Email chat history
  7. Then your chat list will be prompted so you can choose the friend you want to email the chat history
  8. Choose a friend from the friend list
  9. Whatsapp will extract the message and then open your email compose prompting you to enter the email address to be mailed to
  10. Enter the email address you want to send the chat history to and send.
  11. Then the chat history will be attached and sent to the email address.

Feel free to share this post with your friends, simply use the share buttons below to share this post. You can also use the comment box below to share your contributions about this blog post. Click here to Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email.

Comments

1. prettyjen37Twitter: prettyjen37 says:

Nice post….keep it up.

2. brownTwitter: prettyjen37 says:

Nice post…well written…thanks

3. uchenna john says:

quite an interesting post i never knew such a thing existed till i read this post. Thanks i’ll surely subscribe to your blog.

4. daniel says:

thanks for the post. Nice one…cant wait to read more of your posts

5. promote blog says:

woow this great my email just found itself another uses,, thanks for sharing bro i love your blog cool i have bookmark it for easy access

6. eHealthdiaryTwitter: ideacruch says:

Nice post Boss thaNks for sharing, though whatsapp is not working on java phones

7. PHONETECHNG says:

nice blog, keep it up

8. Chick with C6 says:

Thank you for the post, it was useful, but there’s just one thing that you left out. And this is the problem I had.

You have to have your email linked with your phone operating system (at least on my Nokia C6) for this to work. All my phone did was notify me with “Extracting…” and then…nothing! But then I realised from your post that it was supposed to open my email on my phone and realized I hadn’t linked any email account with my phone. So now it works, thank you for your help! But maybe you could include this note into this post of yours. :)

• Nwosu Desmond says:

I think the post is as clear as ABC, i am happy it worked for you….have a nice whatsapp experience.

9. Christopher Norman says:

Thank you for the post, it worked like a charm :D I have one question though, can you get the “full” chat history of conversations on whatsapp, I had started chatting with a person since december of 2011 but I only got the chat history from april of 2012 until recently. Any help or info on would be greatly appreciated :)

10. Christopher Norman says:

No sir. I think it’s a hopeless case…

11. Awesome information! I just wanted to know if you are aware of any PC application that will take the chat history email and convert it to the actual chat, the same feel and look i mean. I want to print all to have a hardcopy that will include the photos and chat…

12. hi this information is really helpful but when i select ‘email chat history’ instead of letting me type my email it says ‘please configure mail on this device’ what am i suppose to do ??! please help

• Nwosu Desmond says:

You should activate your device for internet services. So go to message and create a new email account

13. peter sam says:

Thanks for sharing this step by step information for converting communication in to mail.

14. anonymous says:

I would like to know if someone can log in your cel no and retrieve your whattsapp chats off the internet?? Someone told me this happened to them!! Quite concerning!!!

• Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

It is technically possible….but i don’t do black hat so i wont be revealing how here. Its against Google TOS

• Well, but the same holds true for email and so on on your smart phone. I just wouldn’t send my banking details via text messaging either.

And for daily life chitchat, you can surely use whatsapp.

And anyways, what do google’s TOS have to do with it, or google as such??

• anonymous says:

That’s shocking! surely there would be strict measures to avoid this? How will all that data be stored?
      That makes me feel very reluctant to use whattsapp!

15. Hey. I was hoping you could help me out. I tried emailing a chat but the txt file that is emailed has the info in a weird reverse order (older messages at the bottom, newer messages at the top); I recall doing the same procedure a year ago from my BB and this did not occur… is there any way to change this so that you can actually obtain a file with a “chat story” that you can actually read from beginning to end without going backwards. Thanks!!

16. Hi

Wonder if you could help when i email my chats to my work emails adress it gives me a date up to the 18/10/2012 and not the latest chats how do i change it to the lastest date as it keeps giving me the 18/10/2012. please help if you can have a nokia C3

17. there is no option to send that history in my whats app, i have a version 2.8.2 in my nokia lumia 710, please tell me what to do to save this conversation.

18. Hi,

I have problem to email my whatsapp message from 20 dec 2012 until to date.but i only can receive whatsapp from 28jan.can i retreive it from the beginning of the chat which is 20dec2012.

• Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

Did you at any time delete or upgrade your Whatsapp within that time?

• I have the same problem… I did upgrade my Whatsapp within that time. So maybe all messages may be deleted? :-(

• Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

What is the exact problem you are having?

• I would like to view messages which have been sent and received last year in June when I started chatting to a person. But if I use the “Email Whatsapp Chat History” option I get only all messages from May 2013 until today. Is there any chance to get the older (than May 2013) messages?
            Thanks for your help!

• Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

Whatsapp performs daily back up of your messages, audio and images at 4am everyday and to optimiz memory often times overrite older backups with recent ones, if you want to restore older backups then be sure you will lose your chat history and there are only up to 7 days worth of backup files. Any new Any new messages sent/received after a backup, and deleted before the next backup, cannot be restored. If you run a manual backup, it will overwrite the most recent automatic backup file. Make sure you have a file manager. This will be useful for renaming the backup files.

If you do not want to lose your current history (newest messages), create a manual backup by going to:
              WhatsApp > [Menu Button] > Settings > Chat Settings > [Backup conversations]

This manual backup file will be saved as “msgstore.db.crypt” in your /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases folder. Save this file as “msgstore.db.crypt.current” so you do not get it confused with other backup files during the restoration process.

Please note, your backup files are saved in the /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/ folder.

• Ok, so all messages from last year are “lost”. That’s a pity. But thank you very much for explaining how to backup my current WhatsApp messages. Thanks Nwosu Mavtrevor!

19. Hi, Is it possbiel to take backup for who use whatsapp in PC (using bluestacks player), Check & telll me plz…

20. Can you tell me how I can recover deleted watsapp messages from Nokia C3 with step by step instructions please Urgent, reply needed
    Thank

• Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

You will need to recover from your backup, Whatsapp performs daily backups, so navigate to settings and you will see how to recover from backup.

21. How do you forward a whatsapp message (not the chat) to email using android.

22. Have What’s App automatically send an e-mail message with chat converstaion.

Any idea how this might have happened?

Pablo

• Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

Whatsapp cannot automatically mail a chat history if you do not ask it to, maybe someone else may have.

23. Hi

No did not delete some chats of i have a Nokia C3 if i delete chats then everything will be gone, it is still giving me the same date i tried today and it stays the same.

24. Nwosu Mavtrevor says:

I am thinking it has something to do with your storage memory, maybe that is the capacity it could hold.